Masterbatch：1 excellent plastic colorant
What is the Masterbatch ?
The full name of Color Master Batch is color masterbatch, also called color species. It is a new type of special colorant for polymer materials, also known as Pigment Preparation.
During processing, a small amount of pigment is mixed with uncolored resin to achieve the designed pigment concentration of colored resin or products.
Basic ingredients of color masterbatch
Pigments or dyes
Pigments are divided into organic pigments and inorganic pigments
Commonly used organic pigments include: phthalocyanine red, phthalocyanine blue, phthalocyanine green, light-fast red, macromolecular red, macromolecular yellow, permanent yellow, permanent violet, azo red, etc. Commonly used inorganic pigments include: cadmium red , cadmium yellow, titanium dioxide, carbon black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, etc.
It is the matrix of this pigment. For special color species, the same resin as the product resin is generally selected as the carrier. The two have the best compatibility, but the fluidity of the carrier must also be considered.
To promote the uniform dispersion of pigments and no longer agglomeration, the melting point of the dispersant should be lower than that of the resin, have good compatibility with the resin, and have good affinity with the pigment. The most commonly used dispersants are: polyethylene low molecular weight wax and stearate.
Such as flame retardant, brightening, antibacterial, antistatic, antioxidant and other varieties. Unless the customer requests it, the above additives are generally not included in the color species .
Advantages of masterbatch
1. Make the pigment have better dispersion in the product. During the production process of the pigment, the pigment must be refined to improve the dispersion and tinting power of the pigment.
The carrier of the special species is the same as the plastic type of the product, and has good matching. After heating and melting, the pigment particles can be well dispersed in the plastic product.
2. It is helpful to maintain the chemical stability of the pigment. If the pigment is used directly, the pigment will absorb water, oxidize and other phenomena due to direct contact with air during storage and use. After making the color species, the resin carrier will separate the pigment and air, Moisture isolation can keep the quality of the pigment unchanged for a long time.
3. Ensure the stability of the color of the product. The color species particles are similar to the resin particles, making the measurement more convenient and accurate. They will not stick to the container when mixing, and the mixture with the resin is also relatively uniform. Therefore, the added amount can be ensured to be stable, thereby ensuring Product color stability.
4. Protect the health of operators. Pigments are generally in powder form and are easy to fly when added and mixed. If inhaled by the human body, it will affect the health of operators.
5. Keep the environment clean.
6. Easy to use