Chrome Oxide Green Pigment
What is Chrome Oxide Green Pigment ?
The scientific name of chromium oxide green is chromium trioxide, also named as chrome oxide. It is a dark green crystalline powder with metallic luster. It belongs to the hexagonal crystal system or the trigonal crystal system. It is the same crystal form as α-alumina. It has a chemical formula of Cr2O3 and a molecular weight of 151.99. , relative density 5.21.
It is harder than quartz and steel, with a melting point of 1990°C and a boiling point of over 3000°C. Its chemical properties are extremely stable. Magnetic. Insoluble in water and alcohol. Chromium green that has been burned at high temperature is inert to acids and alkalis, but can be eutectic with acidic fluxes and transformed into soluble chromium (Ⅲ) salts. Soluble in hot alkali metal bromate solutions.
Chromium green is a common green pigment. Its color can range from bright green to dark green. It has excellent light resistance, heat resistance, chemical corrosion resistance and other properties. It has high hiding power, but has a darker color.
Detailed description of chrome oxide green
Chromium oxide green is a green solid with corundum structure, also known as chrome green.
Chromium green is also called chrome oxide, commonly known as chromium green. Dark green hexagonal crystal or amorphous powder. The melting point is 2435°C, the boiling point is 4000°C, the relative density is 5.21, and the refractive index is 2.551.
Its hydrate is commonly known as “hydrochrome green” and is a purple amorphous crystal or a blue-gray-green gel. Insoluble in water, acid and alkali, soluble in hot potassium bromate solution. The properties are extremely stable and will not change even when hydrogen is introduced at high temperatures.
Preparation method: obtained from the reaction of sodium dichromate and sulfur, or from the thermal decomposition of chromium hydroxide and ammonium dichromate.
Typical properties of chrome oxide green
|English name||Chrome oxide green|
|melting point||2435 °C|
|boiling point||4000 °C|
|color||Pale to dark green|
|Storage conditions||Room Temperature|
The main uses of chrome oxide green
1. Chromium trioxide is often used to make pigments for green paints, ceramics, etc.
2. It can also be used as a catalyst for organic synthesis (such as the production of polyethylene and butadiene).
3. Chromium oxide green is mainly used to smelt metallic chromium.
4. Chromium oxide green can also be used as a pigment in paints and ceramics, and as a catalyst for organic synthesis.
5. Also used in the manufacture of abrasive materials, green polishing paste and ink.
6. As a green pigment, chromium oxide green can be used in printing inks and coatings
7. In addition, it is widely used as a colorant in glass, ceramic tiles, ceramic vessels, etc.
8. The hard nature can also be used as a greasy abrasive material such as green oil to grind the base plate and polish the surface during chrome plating and nickel plating.
9. The powder itself can be used as a fine grinding material in the manufacture of metal and glass products.
10. It can also be made into chromium-magnesium or magnesium-chromium refractory bricks, and can be used as raw material for metallic chromium.
Packaging, storage and transportation and precautions:
Package by 25kgs/bag or 1000kgs/pallet
It could be stored well for a long time by avoiding directly to contract with moist environment.