Application of Titanium Dioxide Food Grade
Food grade titanium dioxide is a very common food additive in life. In general, the amount of food grade titanium dioxide does not exceed 1% of the weight of the food. A small amount of titanium dioxide is not harmful to the human body and will not affect the body. In food, it is used in frozen fruit, jelly, fried food, cocoa products, chocolate, chocolate products, hard candy, polished candy, gum-based candy, puffed food, candy chocolate product coating, mayonnaise, salad dressing, jam , solid beverages, konjac gel food, etc.
1.What is titanium dioxide food grade?
Food grade titanium dioxide, commonly known as titanium dioxide, also known as white pigment. Food grade titanium dioxide is the best whitening effect among food whitening agents. Widely used in jelly, capsules, candy, beverages, dairy products, flour, konjac flour and other foods.
Chinese GB2760-2014 stipulates that food-grade titanium dioxide should be used as a colorant. Considered safe by the FDA, it is often added to toothpaste, chocolate to add texture, or in donuts, skim milk, and other foods to give them a brighter, more appealing look.
2. Uses of titanium dioxide food grade
- It is used for food whitening. It is a food coloring additive used in food. It is used for food coloring, and its main function is to improve the gloss and whiteness of food. For cold fruits, jelly, fried food, cocoa products, chocolate, chocolate products, etc.
- It has good dispersibility, less precipitation, high whiteness and purity, and is used for whitening of unsweetened dosage forms, concentrated forms, salad dressings, flour improvers, steamed bread flour improvers, salad dressings, capsules, aquatic products, etc. and coloring.
- It mainly reacts with organic acids to generate gas to make food fluffy, suitable for flour and flour products.
- To ensure the uniformity of each batch of food, but also to improve the color and appearance of the food, and to shield the ultraviolet rays. Carbonated beverage clouding agent, puffed food, fried food, chewing gum, solid beverage.
3.Is there any harm in titanium dioxide food grade?
Although considered non-toxic, titanium dioxide, a common food additive, may also impair the ability of cells in the human small intestine to absorb nutrients and fight germs when ingested over long periods of time.
Researchers from Binghamton University and other institutions in the United States published a report in the new academic journal “Nano Impact” that they used small intestinal cells cultured in the laboratory to simulate the impact of titanium dioxide particles with a diameter of about 30 nanometers on the intestine. . For example, intestinal cells were exposed to the amount of titanium dioxide particles contained in 1 meal for 4 hours to simulate acute exposure; and intestinal cells were also exposed to 3 meals for 5 days.
The amount of titanium dioxide particles to simulate a chronic exposure situation. It was found that acute exposure did not cause any changes, but chronic long-term exposure caused a decrease in the protrusions on the microvilli on the surface of small intestinal cells, thereby damaging the antibacterial barrier of the digestive system, reducing the speed of digestion, and affecting iron, zinc, fatty acids, etc. Absorption of nutrients, and signs of inflammation also increased.
Jinan Hongquan Titanium Industry Co., Ltd.( Greatspring) is located in Jinan, a beautiful spring city. The company’s scientific research personnel sincerely cooperate with well-known domestic universities and various titanium dioxide production enterprises to study and produce active titanium dioxide pigments with great concentration. Some of its products have been widely used in chemical, textile, paper, plastic, paint and other production fields.
Titanium dioxide delivery
The company’s products (likeDongfang、Lomon Brand Lomon titanium dioxide) have been demonstrated by well-known national experts, and the conclusion is: “technological innovation is strong, improves the performance and utilization of pigments, reduces dosage, saves resources, economic benefits, no environmental pollution, in line with national industrial promotion and development strategies”