Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose supplier
Hydroxyethyl methylcellulose (HEMC) is widely used in water-based latex coatings, construction and building materials, printing inks, oil drilling, etc. It plays a thickening and water-retaining role, improves workability, and is used in dry and wet mortar series products.
Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose supplier: Natrosol has some characteristics
- solubility: Soluble in water and some organic solvents. Can be dissolved in cold water. Its maximum concentration is only determined by the viscosity. The solubility changes with the viscosity. The lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility.
- Salt resistance: The product is a nonionic cellulose ether and is not a polyelectrolyte. Therefore, it is relatively stable in aqueous solution in the presence of metal salts or organic electrolytes. However, excessive addition of electrolytes can cause gelation and precipitation.
- Surface activity: Since the aqueous solution has surface-active functions, it can be used as a colloidal protective agent, emulsifier and dispersant.
- hot gel: When the product aqueous solution is heated to a certain temperature, it becomes opaque, gels, and precipitates, but when it is continuously cooled, it returns to its original solution state. The temperature at which this gel and precipitation occurs mainly depends on their lubricants. , suspending agent, protective colloid, emulsifier, etc.
- Metabolism: Metabolically inert and low in odor and aroma. Because they are not metabolized and have low odor and aroma, they are widely used in food and pharmaceuticals.
- Mildew resistance: It has relatively good anti-fungal ability and good viscosity stability during long-term storage.
Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose supplier: HEMC’s Chemical industry applications
Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose, or HEMC, is a polymer compound with a variety of uses. It is a water-soluble polymer composed of methylcellulose and light ethylating agent. HEMC is widely used in construction, chemical, food, pharmaceutical and other industries. The uses of HEMC will be introduced from different perspectives below.
- Applications in the construction industry: As a highly efficient adhesive, HEMC is widely used in the construction industry, especially in cement mortars and tile adhesives. Adding HEMC to cement mortar can improve its viscosity and fluidity, making it more plastic, thus improving the construction efficiency and quality of cement mortar. Adding HEMC to tile adhesive can increase its bonding strength and water resistance, thereby improving the tile’s sticking effect and service life.
- Applications in the chemical industry: As a nonionic polymer, HEMC has good solubility and stability and is widely used in the chemical industry. Adding HEMC to paints and coatings can improve their fluidity and consistency, thereby improving the application effect and quality of paints and coatings. Adding HEMC to textile printing and dyeing can increase the softness and comfort of fabrics, thereby improving the comfort and quality of textiles.
- Applications in the food industry: As a natural food additive, HEMC is widely used in the food industry. Adding HEMC to cakes and breads can improve their texture and mouthfeel, making them softer and more delicious. Adding HEMC to ice cream and desserts can increase their flavor and texture, making them richer and more delicious. Adding HEMC to juices and drinks can improve their stability and taste, making them more refreshing and delicious
- Applications in the pharmaceutical industry: HEMC, as a highly biocompatible polymer compound, is widely used in the pharmaceutical industry. Adding HEMC to tablets and capsules can improve their solubility and absorption, thereby improving drug efficacy and efficacy. Adding HEMC to eye drops and oral cleansers can increase their viscosity and stability, thereby improving their effectiveness and quality.
As a polymer compound with multiple uses, HEMC is widely used in construction, chemical, food, pharmaceutical and other industries. With the development of science and technology and the increase in demand, the application fields of HEMC will continue to expand and deepen, bringing more convenience and contribution to people’s production and life.
Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose supplier: Note on usage
Since the surface-treated HEMC is powder or cellulose solid, it is easy to operate and dissolve it in dissolved water as long as the following matters are paid attention to.
- Before and after adding hydroxyethyl cellulose, it must be stirred continuously until the solution is completely transparent and clear.
- It must be slowly sieved into the mixing barrel. Do not add large amounts or directly add the hydroxyethyl cellulose that has formed into blocks or balls into the mixing barrel.
- The water temperature and pH value in the water have a significant relationship with the dissolution of hydroxyethyl cellulose, so special attention must be paid to it.
- Never add some alkaline substances to the mixture before the hydroxyethyl cellulose powder is warmed by water. Raising the pH value after it has warmed up will help dissolve it.
- To the extent possible, add antifungal agents as early as possible.
- When using high-viscosity hydroxyethyl cellulose, the concentration of the mother liquor should not be higher than 2.5-3%, otherwise the mother liquor will be difficult to operate. Post-processed hydroxyethyl cellulose is generally not easy to form lumps or spheres, nor will it form insoluble spherical colloids after adding water.
Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose factory: Some Instruction need to know
Add directly during production：
1. Add clean water to a large bucket equipped with a high-speed mixer.
2. Start stirring at low speed and slowly sift the hydroxyethyl cellulose evenly into the solution.
3． Continue stirring until all particles are wet.
4. Then add antifungal agents, alkaline additives such as pigments, dispersing aids, and ammonia.
5. Stir until all the hydroxyethyl cellulose is completely dissolved (the viscosity of the solution increases significantly) before adding other components in the formula and grind until the finished product is achieved.
Equipped with mother liquor for later use.
This method is to first prepare a mother liquor with a higher concentration and then add it to the latex paint. The advantage of this method is that it has greater flexibility and can be added directly to the finished paint, but it should be properly stored. The steps are similar to steps 1-4 in Method 1, except that it is not necessary to stir at high speed until it is completely dissolved into a viscous solution.
Served as porridge-like phenology
Since organic solvents are poor solvents for hydroxyethyl cellulose, these organic solvents can be used to prepare porridge. The most commonly used organic solvents are organic liquids in paint formulations such as ethylene glycol, propylene glycol and film-forming agents (such as ethylene glycol or diethylene glycol butyl acetate). Ice water is also a poor solvent, so ice water is often used together with organic liquids to prepare porridge. The hydroxyethyl cellulose in the form of porridge can be added directly to the paint.
When it is in the form of porridge, the hydroxyethyl cellulose has been soaked and swollen. When added to paint, it immediately dissolves and acts as a thickener. After adding, stir continuously until the hydroxyethyl cellulose is completely dissolved and uniform. Generally, porridge is made by mixing six parts of organic solvent or ice water with one part of hydroxyethyl cellulose. After about 6-30 minutes, the hydroxyethyl cellulose will hydrolyze and swell obviously. In summer, the water temperature is generally too high, so it is not suitable to prepare porridge.
As an professional Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose manufacturer, Jinan Hongquan Titanium Industry Co., Ltd is located in Jinan, a beautiful spring city. The company’s scientific research personnel sincerely cooperate with well-known domestic universities and various titanium dioxide production enterprises to study and produce active Hydroxyethylcellulose with great concentration. Some of its products have been widely used in chemical, textile, paper, plastic, paint and other production fields.