Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose , also shortened to HPMC, is a variety of non-ionic cellulose mixed ethers. It is a semi-synthetic, inactive, elastic polymer that is often used as a lubricant in ophthalmology, or as an excipient or excipient in oral medications. It is commonly found in various types of products. As a food additive, propyl methylcellulose can play the following roles: emulsifier, thickener, suspending agent and substitute for animal gelatin..
- Putty Powder
- Tile Adhesive
- Coating Paint
- Other construction usages
|Name||Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose|
|Content of hydroxypropyl%||7.0-12.0|
|Content of Methoxyl %||26.0-30.0|
|Gel temperature C||54-72|
HPMC is widely used in building materials, coatings, synthetic resins, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, food, textiles, agriculture, cosmetics, tobacco and other industries. It can be divided into: construction grade, food grade and pharmaceutical grade according to its use. At present, most domestic products are of construction grade. In construction grade, a large amount of putty powder is used. About 90% is used to make putty powder, and the rest is used to make cement mortar and glue.
- Enhance water retention and improve the phenomenon of poor hardening and cracking caused by over-drying of cement and gypsum building materials and insufficient water.
- Increases the plasticity of mortar, improves the industrial properties of steamed bun construction, and improves work efficiency.
- Still has good thickening properties at low surfactant (2.596).
- Directly reduce the usage of sulfonic acid and AES, thickening without affecting the sea cleaning effect.
- Sealed packaging, not easy to leak, convenient transportation, easy to store.
4. Package and storage:
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose are package in 25kg multilayer paper bags with polyethylene intermediate layer.
It could be stored well for a long time by avoiding directly to contract with moist environment.