I Great Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose factory in china
Hydroxycellulose (Hypromellose), also known as hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, is a type of non-ionic cellulose mixed ether. HPMC is a semi-synthetic, inactive, viscoelastic polymer that is often used as a lubricant in ophthalmology or as an excipient or excipient in facial medicines.
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose factory: Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose has some characteristics
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is easily soluble in cold water, but will have difficulty dissolving in hot water. But its gelling temperature in hot water is significantly higher than that of methylcellulose. The dissolution in cold water is also greatly improved compared to methylcellulose.The viscosity of
- hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is related to its molecular weight. The larger the molecular weight, the higher the viscosity. Temperature will also affect its viscosity. As the temperature increases, the viscosity decreases. However, the effect of high temperature on its viscosity is lower than that of methylcellulose. Its solution is stable when stored at room temperature.
- The water retention of HPMC depends on its addition amount, viscosity, etc. Its water retention rate is higher than that of methylcellulose at the same addition amount.
- Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose is stable to acids and alkalis, and its aqueous solution is very stable within the pH range of 2 to 12. Caustic soda and limewater do not have much impact on its performance, but alkali can speed up its dissolution and increase its viscosity. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable to general salts, but when the concentration of the salt solution is high, the viscosity of the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose solution tends to increase.
- Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose can be mixed with water-soluble polymer compounds to form a uniform, higher viscosity solution. Such as polyvinyl alcohol, starch ether, vegetable gum, etc.
- Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose has better enzyme resistance than methylcellulose, and its potential for solution enzymatic degradation is lower than that of methylcellulose.
- The adhesion of HPMC to mortar construction is higher than that of methylcellulose.
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose factory: Chemical industry applications
Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose has a variety of uses in the chemical industry. First, it can be used to make chemical products such as sodium sulfide and sodium silicate water glass. This is because sodium hexametaphosphate has specific chemical properties and can react with sodium silicate to form corresponding salt compounds.
Industrial grade HPMC is mainly used as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride and is the main additive for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization. In addition, it can be used as thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, excipient, and water retaining agent in the production of other petrochemicals, coatings, building materials, paint removers, agricultural chemicals, inks, textile printing and dyeing, ceramics, papermaking, cosmetics and other products. , film-forming agent, etc. The application in synthetic resins can result in products with regular, loose particles, suitable specific gravity, and excellent processing properties, thus basically replacing gelatin and polyvinyl alcohol as dispersants.
In addition, during the construction process of the construction industry, it is mainly used in mechanized construction such as wall building, stucco decoration, and caulking; especially in decorative construction, it is used to paste ceramic tiles, marbles, and plastic decorations. The adhesive strength is high and can also reduce Cement dosage. Used as a thickening agent in the coating industry, it can make the layer bright and delicate without powder removal, and improve the leveling performance.
In the production process of these chemical products, sodium hexametaphosphate plays a vital role in ensuring the quality and purity of the products. Therefore, sodium hexametaphosphate has important application value in the chemical industry.
It is also used in the textile industry as thickeners, dispersants, binders, excipients, oil-resistant coatings, fillers, emulsifiers and stabilizers. It is also widely used in synthetic resin, petrochemical, ceramic, paper, leather, pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics industries.
- Construction industry: As a water retaining agent and retardant for cement mortar, it makes the mortar pumpable. Used as a binder in plaster, plaster, putty powder or other building materials to improve spreadability and extend operating time. Used as a pasting tile, marble, plastic decoration, pasting enhancer, and can also reduce the amount of cement. The water-retaining properties of its prevent the slurry from cracking due to drying too quickly after application, and enhances the strength after hardening.
- Ceramic Manufacturing: Widely used as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic products.
- Coating industry: In the coating industry, it serves as a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer, and has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. As a paint stripper.
- Ink printing: used as a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, and has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
- Plastic: used as mold release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
- .Polyvinyl chloride: used as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, and is the main additive for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
- Others: It is also widely used in leather, paper products industry, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industry.
- Pharmaceutical industry: coating materials; film materials; rate-controlling polymer materials for sustained-release preparations; stabilizers; suspending agents; tablet binders; tackifiers .
Specific industry applications of HPMC：
- Cement mortar: Improves the dispersion of cement-sand, greatly improves the plasticity and water retention of mortar, is effective in preventing cracks, and can enhance cement strength.
- Tile cement: Improve the plasticity and water retention of pressed tile mortar, improve the adhesive strength of tiles, and prevent powdering.
- Coating of refractory materials such as asbestos: as a suspension stabilizer and fluidity improver, it also improves the bonding strength to the substrate.
- Gypsum concrete slurry: improves water retention and processability, and improves adhesion to the substrate.
- Joint cement: Added to joint cement for gypsum boards to improve fluidity and water retention.
- Latex putty: Improve the fluidity and water retention of resin latex-based putty.
- Stucco: As a substitute for natural paste, it can improve water retention and improve the bonding strength with the substrate.
- Coating: As a plasticizer for latex coatings, it can improve the operating performance and fluidity of coatings and putty powder.
- Spray coating: It has a good effect on preventing cement-based or latex-based spray fillers from sinking and improving fluidity and spray pattern.
- Cement and gypsum secondary products: used as extrusion molding binders for cement-asbestos and other hydraulic materials to improve fluidity and obtain uniform molded products.
- Fiber Wall: Effective as a binder for sand walls due to its anti-enzyme and anti-bacterial effect.
- Others: It can be used as a bubble retaining agent (PC version) for thin clay sand mortar and plastering operators.
The high water retention property of cellulose fully hydrates the cement, significantly improves the bonding strength, can appropriately increase the tensile strength and shear strength, and improve work efficiency. The main function of cellulose ether in putty is to retain water, avoid cracking and powder loss caused by rapid dehydration, improve the adhesion of putty, reduce the flow phenomenon during construction, and make the construction smoother and more labor-saving.
Mainly used as a thickener to improve surface coating, adhesion and bonding strength. Cellulose ether is bonded in this material to improve work efficiency. It also has sagging resistance, improves shrinkage and crack resistance, improves surface quality, and increases bonding strength. High water retention eliminates the need to pre-soak or wet the tiles and sub-base while providing good slip resistance. The addition of cellulose ether has good edge adhesion, protects the base material from mechanical damage, and avoids the adverse effects of water penetration on the entire building.
Jinan Hongquan Titanium Industry Co., Ltd is located in Jinan, a beautiful spring city. The company’s scientific research personnel sincerely cooperate with well-known domestic universities and various titanium dioxide production enterprises to study and produce active Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulosewith great concentration. Some of its products have been widely used in chemical, textile, paper, plastic, paint and other production fields.