What kind to by carboxymethyl cellulose ？
Natural cellulose is the most widely distributed and abundant polysaccharide in nature, and its sources are very rich. Current cellulose modification technology mainly focuses on etherification and esterification. Carboxymethylation reaction is a type of etherification technology. Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is obtained after carboxymethylation of cellulose. Its aqueous solution has the functions of thickening, film-forming, adhesion, moisture retention, colloid protection, emulsification and suspension, etc., and is widely used in petroleum, food, medicine , textile and paper making industries, it is one of the most important cellulose ethers.
Buy carboxymethyl cellulose depends on physical properties
Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is an anionic cellulose ether. It appears as white or slightly yellow flocculent fiber powder or white powder. It is odorless, tasteless and non-toxic. It is easily soluble in cold or hot water and forms a certain viscosity. Clear solution.
The solution is neutral or slightly alkaline, insoluble in ethanol, ether, isopropyl alcohol, acetone and other organic solvents, but soluble in 60% water-containing ethanol or acetone solution.
It is hygroscopic, stable to light and heat, and the viscosity decreases as the temperature increases. The solution is stable at pH 2 to 10. If the pH is lower than 2, solids will precipitate. If the pH is higher than 10, the viscosity will decrease. The discoloration temperature is 227°C, the carbonization temperature is 252°C, and the surface tension of 2% aqueous solution is 71mn/n.
Buy carboxymethyl cellulose depends on chemical properties
It is produced from cellulose derivatives with carboxymethyl substituents, by treating cellulose with sodium hydroxide to form alkali cellulose, and then reacting with monochloroacetic acid.
The glucose units that make up cellulose have three hydroxyl groups that can be replaced, so products with different degrees of substitution can be obtained. On average, 1 mmol of carboxymethyl group is introduced per 1 g of dry weight. It is insoluble in water and dilute acid, but can swell and can be used for ion exchange chromatography.
The pKa of carboxymethyl is about 4 in pure water and about 3.5 in 0.5 mol/L NaCl. It is a weakly acidic cation exchanger and is usually used for the separation of neutral and alkaline proteins at pH>4. Those with more than 40% of the hydroxyl groups replaced by carboxymethyl groups can be dissolved in water to form stable high-viscosity colloidal solutions.
Buy carboxymethyl cellulose depends on the main use
Buy carboxymethyl cellulose is a non-toxic and odorless white flocculent powder with stable performance and easily soluble in water. Its aqueous solution is a neutral or alkaline transparent viscous liquid, soluble in other water-soluble glues and resins, but insoluble In organic solvents such as ethanol. CMC can be used as a binder, thickener, suspending agent, emulsifier, dispersant, stabilizer, sizing agent, etc. carboxymethyl cellulose buy.
Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is the product with the largest output, the most wide range of uses, and the most convenient use among cellulose ethers. It is commonly known as “industrial MSG”.
1. Used in oil and natural gas drilling, well digging and other projects
① CMC-containing mud can form a thin, hard, low-permeability filter cake on the well wall, reducing water loss.
② After adding CMC to the mud, the drilling rig can obtain a low initial shear force, making it easy for the mud to release the gas trapped in it, and at the same time, the debris will be quickly discarded in the mud pit.
③ Drilling mud, like other suspended dispersions, has a certain existence period. Adding CMC can stabilize it and extend its existence period.
④ Mud containing CMC is rarely affected by mold, so there is no need to maintain a high pH value or use preservatives.
⑤ Containing CMC as drilling mud cleaning fluid treatment agent, which can resist the pollution of various soluble salts.
⑥ CMC-containing mud has good stability and can reduce water loss even if the temperature is above 150°C.
CMC with high viscosity and high degree of substitution is suitable for mud with low density, while CMC with low viscosity and high degree of substitution is suitable for mud with high density. The selection of CMC should be determined based on different conditions such as mud type, region, and well depth.
2. Used in the textile, printing and dyeing industry. The textile industry uses CMC as a sizing agent for light yarn sizing of cotton, silk wool, chemical fiber, blended and other fabrics;
3. Used in the papermaking industry. buy carboxymethyl cellulose can be used as paper smoothing agent and sizing agent in the papermaking industry. Adding 0.1% to 0.3% CMC to paper pulp can increase the paper’s tensile strength by 40% to 50%, increase its compressive strength by 50%, and increase its kneadability by 4 to 5 times.
4. buy carboxymethyl cellulose can be used as a dirt adsorbent when added to synthetic detergents; in daily chemicals such as the toothpaste industry, CMC’s glycerin aqueous solution is used as the gum base of toothpaste; in the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as a thickener and emulsifier; after the CMC aqueous solution is thickened, it is used as a float Mineral processing, etc.
5. Used in the ceramic industry as an adhesive, plasticizer, glaze suspending agent, and color-fixing agent for blanks.
6. Used in construction to improve water retention and strength.
7. Used in the food industry. The food industry uses buy CMC with a high degree of substitution as a thickener for ice cream, canned food, instant noodles, and a foam stabilizer for beer. It is used in the processing of jam, syrup, sherbet, snacks, ice cream drinks, etc. As a thickening agent, binder or shaping agent.
8. The pharmaceutical industry selects buy CMC with appropriate viscosity as binder, disintegrant for tablets, and suspending agent for suspensions.
Buy carboxymethyl cellulose depends on the dissolution method
Mix CMC directly with water to prepare a paste glue solution and set aside.
When configuring CMC paste, first add a certain amount of clean water to the batching tank with a stirring device. With the stirring device turned on, slowly and evenly spread CMC into the batching tank and stir continuously to make the CMC Completely fused with water, CMC can be fully dissolved.
When dissolving CMC, the reason why it is necessary to spread it evenly and stir continuously is “to prevent the problems of agglomeration, agglomeration, and reduction of the amount of CMC dissolved when CMC meets water” and to increase the dissolution speed of CMC.
The stirring time and the time for buy CMC to completely dissolve are not consistent. They are two concepts. Generally speaking, the stirring time is much shorter than the time required for CMC to completely dissolve. The time required for both depends on the specific situation.
The basis for determining the stirring time is: when the buy carboxymethyl cellulose is evenly dispersed in the water and no obvious large lumps exist, the stirring can be stopped and the CMC and water can penetrate and merge with each other while standing.
The basis for determining the time required for complete dissolution of buy CMC is as follows:
(1) CMC and water are completely bonded, and there is no solid-liquid separation between them;
(2) The mixed paste is in a uniform state with a smooth surface;
(3) The color of the mixed paste is close to colorless and transparent, and there are no granular objects in the paste. From the time when buy carboxymethyl cellulose is put into the batching tank and mixed with water until the CMC is completely dissolved, the time required is between 10 and 20 hours.
Buy carboxymethyl cellulose depends on storage and transportation
When storing this product, attention should be paid to moisture, fire, and high temperature protection, and it is required to be stored in a ventilated and dry place.
Protect from rain during transportation, and iron hooks are strictly prohibited for loading and unloading. After long-term storage and stacking pressure, this product may agglomerate when unpacking, which will cause inconvenience but will not affect the quality.
This product is strictly prohibited from contact with water during storage, otherwise it will gel or partially dissolve and become unusable.