How to import titanium dioxide ？
Titanium dioxide is an important inorganic chemical pigment, the main component is titanium dioxide. The production process of titanium dioxide has two process routes: sulfuric acid method and chlorination method. It has important uses in coatings, inks, papermaking, plastics and rubbers, chemical fibers, ceramics and other industries.
Titanium dioxide is considered to be the best white pigment in the world. In recent years, many countries have expanded the import business of titanium dioxide. So how to import titanium dioxide?
Let’s move on ~
1. Qualifications required for customs declaration of import titanium dioxide:
For most countries to import TiO2, you need to apply to the relevant local authorities first. For example, import license, customs registration, and the first import may also need to sign a paperless customs clearance.
2. Materials required for customs declaration of titanium dioxide customs clearance:
A. Sea bill of lading / air waybill
C. Packing List
D. Certificate of Origin
E. Titanium dioxide product information (import TiO2 declaration elements)
General contracts and MSDS are non-essential documents.
3. Imported titanium dioxide HS and declaration elements:
Product code: 3206111000
Product Name: Titanium Dioxide
- Product name;
- Brand type;
- Export preferences;
- Ingredient content;
- Brand (Chinese or foreign language name);
- If radioactive salt is added, please indicate the radioactive Bidu;
- Contract date;1
Legal first unit: kilogram
4. The customs declaration process for titanium dioxide is generally as follows:
Exchange order – customs declaration – tax payment – inspection (probability) – delivery
5. About customs inspection:
According to the different ways of goods entering and leaving the country, inbound and outbound goods can be divided into five types: import goods, export goods, transit goods, transshipment goods, and shipping goods.
Among them, imported goods refer to goods imported into my country from other countries or regions; export goods refer to goods exported from my country to other countries or regions; transit goods refer to goods transported by land within the country; transshipment goods refer to goods within the territory of China Goods that are replaced by means of transport at the place where the customs are established, but are not transported by land within the country; goods in transit refer to goods that are carried in by ships or aircraft and carried out by original means of transport.
The above five types of inbound and outbound goods shall be subject to customs supervision within the following periods:
- First of all, the customs supervision period for import titanium dioxide is from the time of entry to the completion of customs formalities. Imported goods become the object of customs supervision from the moment they enter the customs territory, and should go through customs formalities in accordance with the law. After the customs formalities for imported goods are completed according to law, their customs supervision will be lifted.
- Second, the customs supervision period for exported titanium dioxide starts from the declaration to the customs and ends when they leave the country. Exported goods become the object of customs supervision from the time they are declared to the customs and are placed under the supervision of the customs. Only after customs procedures are completed and shipped out of the customs, the customs will release its supervision.
- Third, the customs supervision period for titanium dioxide in transit, transshipment and transportation is from entry to exit. Transit, transshipment and shipping goods should always be under the supervision of the customs from the time they enter the customs territory until they are transported out of the customs territory.
The stipulated period of customs supervision of inbound and outbound goods is essentially the period during which the customs exercise supervision power. During this period, the customs has the right to inspect the inbound and outbound goods, consult and copy the materials related to the inbound and outbound goods, and detain suspected smuggling. The owner of the inbound and outbound goods or their agents is obliged to accept the supervision of the customs.
The consignee of imported goods and the consignor of exported goods shall declare truthfully to the customs, and submit the import and export licenses and relevant documents for inspection. The goods whose import and export are restricted by the state will not be released without import and export licenses, and the specific handling measures shall be prescribed by the State Council.
The consignee of imported goods shall, within 14 days from the date of declaration of the means of transport to enter the country, the consignor of exported goods shall, unless specifically approved by the customs, arrive at the customs supervision area and 24 hours before loading, Customs declaration.
If the consignee of imported goods declares to the customs beyond the time limit specified in the preceding paragraph, the customs shall levy a fine for late declaration.
Within 14 days from the date of declaration of entry of the means of transport, the recipient can declare and clear the customs by himself, or he can entrust an agent to clear the customs.
6. The costs involved in customs clearance of imported titanium dioxide are as follows (take shipping as an example):
Exchange service fee
Supervision warehouse fees (such as LCL)
customs clearance fee
Inspection service fee
customs inspection fee
Detention fee (such as FCL)
Port miscellaneous charges (such as FCL)
Storage fee (e.g. FCL)
Different ports in different regions have different charging standards, consult your local freight forwarder
The above is the general process of import TiO2. To sum up, what you need to do is the import license and the documents stipulated by the local government. Documents for other customs clearance: packing list, invoice, bill of lading, certificate of origin, etc. These are prepared by the consignor and then sent to the consignee.
Finally, wish everyone a prosperous business and smooth import !
Of course, if there is anything you don’t understand, you can contact me：
WhatsApp number: 0086 18753418503